	From: Geoff Thompson [mailto:gthompso@nortel.com]
	Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 10:26 AM
	To: Rigsbee, Everett O
	Cc: stds-802-sec@ieee.org
	Subject: Hotel room rates

	Buzz-

	The room rate that we have for the July meeting is
	        $199 single
	        $229 double
	per:    http://ieee802.facetoface-events.com/webs/39/hotel1.php
	~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

		Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
		One Market Place
		San Diego, CA USA 92101

		Reservation Phone: (619) 232-1234

		The July 2006 IEEE 802 LMSC Plenary Session will be held during the week of July 16-21, 2006.

		IEEE 802 Group Rate: $199.00 US single or double occupancy per night plus taxes. Each additional adult person is $30.00 US.

		Dates the group rate is available: July 9-28, 2006 (based on hotel room availability).

	~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
	The hotel has 1625 rooms

	Then I discovered that the Comics Convention problem is not just competition for rooms in the area but that:

	        #1 The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is an official hotel of the convention.

	        #2 The room rate offered to the funny book folks is less ($189 single or double) than the rate offered to us.

	(See attachment, found at: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_hotel. <http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_hotel.shtml> shtml <http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_hotel.shtml>  )

	Admittedly, there is not 100% overlap on when it happens.
	        ComicsCon is:   In 7/19         Out 7/23
	        IEEE 802 is:    In 7/16         Out 7/21
	I thought we were supposed to be better negotiators than this, especially when we were (a) offering to fill the hotel and (b) had a substantial catering budget bundled in. How much of the hotel has Hyatt given over to ComicsCon room block?

	Geoff Thompson