Re: [802SEC] "Get IEEE 802" comments

Karen,

I haven't heard a response to my note below of 14 March. As part of
this reminder message, I've checked the web site to see if any of
these issues has been addressed.

(1) The six-month "waiting list" has been added:
	http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/tba.html
Thank you. However, it is seriously deficient. Of the four standards,
three of them link to catalog items listed as "Product not available
to ship." Two of these are CD-ROMs, and one is print. There is no
value in pointing potential customers to products that they don't
want and can't get anyway. The customers want downloadable files, and
you have them for sale. Let's tell them that!

Also, the waiting list is incomplete. I know of at least one missing
standard: 802.15.3b-2005.

Note: the waiting list ought to be linked to the sentence "New and
revised IEEE 802 standards and drafts are available for sale
individually" on the page
<http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/about.html>.

Sales of individual standards is a revenue item in the Get IEEE 802
budget. However, the years have dragged on with almost no discernible
effort to sell any. As part of any future discussions regarding the
"Get IEEE 802 Program Agreement", I would like to include a
discussion of which party is responsible for sales and what the
expectations are.

(2) I see that you have corrected the links to the obsolete
drafts-for-sale catalog. This is better. The search includes some
superseded standards in addition to drafts, but that's a minor
concern.

(3) I continue to be skeptical of your statistical profiles of
downloaders, because I continue to find that there is no survey page
being presented to the downloader. And, as I mentioned before,
downloads continue to be provided with no "Terms and Conditions".

Regards,

Roger