Re: [802SEC] 802 Banking account proposal

Hey to all. Sorry I haven't responded to this yet - got caught up in the
day job!

Several points were made (all good ones) so let me address as many as I
can herein.

1. Local branch access. This is a good point, albeit a limited downside
IMHO. Since I've been in this role, there are two situations where this
has become a challenge: A) The situation Buzz describes where we had to
wire funds to a foreign bank, and B) getting new signatories
added/deleted from the account. Something else could come up next week,
but so far, those are the only two situations. I have confirmed with
IEEE that they would be able to assist in both situations from
Piscataway. I.e. the IEEE account signatory could make a wire trasfer at
our direction, or signature cards could be mailed to IEEE for delivery
to Wachovia. There is also the distinct possibility that Wachovia is
more advanced in regards to offering wire transactions online.

2. Bob Grow addressed the point about IEEE being able to withdraw our
money at a time of their chosing. That is the case already. Technically,
and legally, it's all IEEE money since we're an IEEE entity.

3. Pat's question about exactly how the funds are pooled. As far as
Wachovia is concerned, IEEE is one big client having one big account.
Hence the favorable interest rate. But they track sub-accounts within
the master account that receive their own statements, accrue their own
interest, etc... This is a feature of this type of institutional
account. IEEE Treasury can view the sub-accounts, but doesn't actively
manage them (ie generate statements or credit interest).

4. On Geoff's suggestion to divide the question into A) changing banks
to solve the physical proximity issue and B) signing on to the IEEE
concentration banking program. I'm ok with that, and will word the items
as separate motions. I'll propose wording once we appear to have the
main questions answered about this.

Did I miss anything? Let me know.