Re: [802SEC] January 2008 Pacific Rim Interim-response needed

Bob,

I appreciate your effort on this. I'll do my best to answer, but my
answer is not firm.

In general, I think that Sydney would be a fine location for 802.16,
as there is a lot of Australian interest in applying our standard and
we have never met there. So, if we were to join an joint interim, I
suspect that Sydney would be a popular choice.

On the other hand, our interims are selected based on proposals from
members. I have already been informed by two members of their
(uncommitted) intent to propose to host the January 2008 session.

I can't offer an explicit answer without checking with the WG. And,
while I can't guarantee the result, my guess is that the members
would prefer a member-hosted event.

Our schedule says that we will finalize the site selection for that
session in March 2007. We might be able to adjust that schedule.

Sorry I can't give you a definite commitment. If you need to begin
planning, I think it would make sense to assume that 802.16 will not
participate. However, if there is space available when the WG makes a
decision, I would like to give the WG a chance to consider it.

Thanks again,

Roger