[802SEC] FW: Liaison from ITU-R WP 8F to IEEE and WiMax Forum re Rec. M.1457

Dear EC members,

Please find enclosed a liaison from ITU-R WP8F. In it they are asking
for a response regarding an input from IEEE 802 to their January
meeting. That document (Doc. 8F/1065-E) titled "PROPOSED NEW IMT-2000
TERRESTRIAL RADIO INTERFACE INTENDED FOR INCLUSION IN RECOMMENDATION
ITU-R M.1457" which was approved during the IEEE 802 November plenary,
is attached for reference.

I propose that a response be developed by 802.16 and 802.18 during the
March plenary. The next meeting of ITU-R WP8F begins 23 May in Japan and
there will not be sufficient time after the May interim to review and
approve a response..

Regards,

Mike

+1 972 684 7518 (ESN 444 7518) Voice