From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Tony Jeffree
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 3:34 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] [WGCS:] Update - Rosters are Now Active in myProject

Jodi -

If I correctly read between the lines of your
message below, the set of names that currently
appears in the system for 802 Working Groups is
basically those *IEEE-SA members* that have web
accounts and that have expressed an interest in
802 (presumably by enrolling in the various
balloting groups? your message is not clear on
that point). As there are many 802 participants
and voters that are not, and never will be,
IEEE-SA members, I don't see that this mechanism
will be of any use as a means of managing 802
membership rosters, as there will be no means of
entering data against non-SA member participants.
My guess in the case of 802.1 (and probably the
other 802 WGs as well) is that SA members are in
the minority of 802 participants.

Regards,
Tony