Re: [802SEC] Arnie's concern regarding submittals to ITU WP8F

Pat-

At 04:36 PM 11/5/2007 , Pat Thaler wrote:
 > If he is making the submittal as an individual or due to his
 > role in an non-802 organization, I believe that is allowed.
 > In that case, the submittal should make clear that it is not
 > from the WG or IEEE 802. We didn't give up the ability to
 > participate in other standards when we took our leadership
 > roles in IEEE 802. I participate in and submit input to T11
 > and at times in IETF without passing those submittals by LMSC.

We don't give up the ability to participate in other standards when we took
our leadership roles in IEEE 802 BUT some groups (specially the groups in
question) have much more stringent limits on participation by individuals.
I don't think we are talking about T11 or the IETF here.

Geoff