Re: [802SEC] Chair re-election - proposed interpretation/rules change

Geoff -

At 18:20 10/11/2007, Geoff Thompson wrote:
>The problem of 75% of Y/(Y+N) is that those not voting are weight in
>the affirmative.

While not having a strong view either way between Y/(Y+N) or
Y/(Y+N+A), I believe the way you characterize Y/(Y+N) is inaccurate
and misleading. Those not voting are neither weighed in the
affirmative nor are they weighed in the negative. In Y/(Y+N+A) they
are most definitely weighed in the negative. If it was (Y+A)/N then I
would agree with your characterization, but that's not what I
proposed, nor would I propose it.

Regards,
Tony