Re: [802SEC] +++Motion to amend March 2009 venue from Rome IT to Vancouver BC+++urgent--please cast your vote quickly+++open: 26NOV07

With a great deal of regret I will support this motion.

I want nNA venues
I would dearly love to go to Rome for tourist/personal reasons

BUT, the evidence seems to be that the proposed Rome venue is:
         - Not big enough
         - Too expensive by all historical standards
         - Probably too expensive by future standards
         - A logistical catastrophe waiting to happen
                 - Access from overflow hotels
                 - Access to non-hotel facilities
(And since I have no WG constituency I feel free to cast my vote-free
weight based on my own evaluation of the issues)
I therefore support Vancouver

Geoff