Re: [802SEC] It doesn't have to be either or

All-

I like Twente and would be happy to go back there...
But it was not without its warts.
As I recall

	- Transportation from major airports was a problem. It was a significant
distance from Amsterdam airport and there was lots of conversation about
the train trips to get to Enschede. I actually flew into Frankfort, rented
a car and drove the significant distance. Having a car insulated me from
most of the transportation problems except campus parking which is a major
problem on any campus I have encountered. Folk without cars had to bum
rides with those who did or ride public transit. Someone else will have to
say how well that worked.

	- Lecture halls. As I recall, we had lots of space and most excellent AV
facilities. The seats though were usually theater style with classroom arm
rests. Our meeting there was long enough ago that (I think) there was no
facility for laptop power at individual seats in the lecture halls. That
may have changed.

	- Common meeting areas. We were spread around in multiple classroom
buildings AND multiple hotels. There was significantly reduced opportunity
to run into colleagues outside your WG/TG. The only common meeting spot was
the Student Center. It at least had good and cheap beer but it was smokey
and chopped up into lots of little nooks and crannies, thus somewhat
difficult to cruise.

	- It had good copying facilities, something we cared about at the time.

In any campus venue we are generally restricted to our summer meeting in
order to be there when the campus is empty and have some access to student
sleeping facilities. We could hit Spring vacation week with some luck and
planning but wouldn't have access to student housing then.Geoff