  From: Sherman, Matthew J. (US SSA)
  To: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List *****
  Cc: Paul Nikolich ; Glenn Parsons ; r.gertz@ieee.org
  Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 11:58 PM
  Subject: +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot Comment Resoloution +++ Creation of Operations Manual

  EC Members and other interested parties,

  Attached please find the following files:

  080817 Ops Manual Ballot Comments - resolutions - editing status.xls

  080817 Creation of Operations Manual Ballot Response Form.xls

  Draft_LMSC_PaP_080817_Mark_Up.pdf

  Draft_LMSC_OM_080817_Mark_Up.pdf

  Draft_LMSC_PaP_080817_Clean.pdf

  Draft_LMSC_OM_080817_Clean.pdf

  080817 Feedback to Audcom.txt

  I will request that these files be posted someplace appropriate on the IEEE 802 website.

  Please examine the updated files and provide any feedback.  I request that feedback be provided by 9/30/08 so there is time to conduct further comment resolution if needed before the November plenary.

  Here are some detailed comments on the files:

  080817 Ops Manual Ballot Comments - resolutions - editing status.xls:  This file summarizes all comments received, the recommended resolutions, and editing status for those resolutions.  Comments marked green are considered to have some level of consensus support.  Some comments are marked in Red.  These are comments where the editing deviated from the intended resolution for some reason or another (explained in the document).  Please pay particular attention to these comments.  While I encourage everyone to review all the editing, commenters should particularly review the specific editing for their comments to ensure they are satisfied with it.

  080817 Creation of Operations Manual Ballot Response Form.xls:  This is a slightly updated form from the one used in the original ballot.  While this is not a formal 'recirculation' ballot, if you have substantial additional comments I encourage you to provide it on the form to make it easier for me to compile.  If you only have a couple of short comments, feel free to just send them in an e-mail to the reflector.

  Draft_LMSC_PaP_080817_Mark_Up.pdf, Draft_LMSC_OM_080817_Mark_Up.pdf: These documents include markups to show editing done in response to the comments received.  Note that it was too complex to show all the editing relative to the current P&P / AudCom baseline P&P. Instead the mark ups are relative to the 'clean' copies circulated in the original ballot.

  Draft_LMSC_PaP_080817_Clean.pdf, Draft_LMSC_OM_080817_Clean.pdf: These documents are 'clean' versions of the P&P and OM and include all editing in response to the comments received on this ballot.

  080817 Feedback to Audcom.txt:  There were a number of comments (including some of my own) where edits could not be made in response to the comments because they were to sections that originate in the AudCom baseline P&P and are marked un-editable.  This document captures those comments and will be fed back to AudCom for their consideration.

  Best Regards,

  Mat

  Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.
  Engineering Fellow