[802SEC] Draft IEEE P802.3ba 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Ethernet press release

Dear EC members,

The IEEE-SA has prepared a press release to announce the progress of IEEE
P802.3ba 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Ethernet project to Working Group ballot to
release next Friday morning, contingent upon the IEEE 802.3 Working Group
actually voting to do this. Since the development of this press release
was at the request of the Task Force Chair and myself I'm seeking EC
approval. I've attached the draft below and will seek endorsement for it
on Monday at the opening EC meeting. I however request that if you have
comments you can supply them to me by email prior to Monday if possible so
that we may update the release if required prior to the vote.

The motion I will make on Monday is:

The EC supports the IEEE P802.3ba 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Ethernet press
release to be released contingent upon the IEEE 802.3 Working Group voting
to forward the IEEE P802.3ba draft to Working Group ballot.

Best regards,
David Law
IEEE 802.3 Working Group Chair