[802SEC] PAR for P802.3bd MAC Control Frame for Priority-based Flow Control

Dear Colleagues,

Tony asked me to send out the responses to comments on this PAR since I'm chair of the DCB task group of IEEE 802.1

We received the following comments on the PAR from 802.3:
5.6 Why isn't 802.3 listed as a stakeholder? IEEE 802.3 is the registration authority for allocation of MAC Control Opcodes.

8.1 Please add the following text: "Although the project is being done in 802.1, 802.3 controls the registry for code space in this area. Code points are not assigned until Sponsor Ballot. When the draft goes to Sponsor ballot, IEEE 802.3 will allocate a value for the Opcode."

We accepted the comments.

The updated PAR is at:
http://ieee802.org/1/files/public/docs2009/bb-thaler-pfc-frame-par-0309.pdf

There were no changes to the 5 Criteria.

Pat Thaler