Re: [802SEC] PARs under consideration at the NOV09 plenary

Colleagues-

An "estimate" is not good enough for me and it shouldn't be good enough for the EC as a whole.

We have required numerical votes on project paperwork for years.
I will vigorously speak in opposition to any PAR that is proposed for EC vote without SEPARATE numerical votes for each of the following items that is to be presented to the EC
     WG numerical vote on the final PAR text
     WG vote on the responses to the Broad Market Potential criteria
     WG vote on the responses to the Technical Feasibility criteria
     WG vote on the responses to the Economic Feasibility criteria
     WG vote on the responses to the Compatibility criteria
     WG vote on the responses to the Distincy Identity criteria
Report on the anticipated number of individuals and corporations that will actively participate in teh development

I consider the EC review of proposed projects to be one of our most seriouis duties. In particular, the 5 Criteria are not just a pro-forma paper exercise. They are to be taken as a serious examination of the justification for the project.

If there is any PAR that doesn't have the numbers at this point, there is no reason that they can't be gathered during the Atlanta Plenary.

Best regards,

Geoff