Re: [802SEC] straw poll on interim EC telecon meetings

Hi Paul,

While this is something I would like to see happen - I share the concerns
raised below that this isn't something our rules currently support.

Best regards,
  David

***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org>
wrote on 17/04/2010 06:27:20:

> [...]
> determining the approval threshold for any Sponsor vote. Unless
> specified otherwise in the
> LMSC P&P or this OM, all Sponsor votes are in addition subject to
> the following provisions:
> The Chair may vote only if his vote can change the outcome. Votes on
> disciplinary matters
> concerning Sponsor members shall meet or exceed a 2/3 approval
> threshold. For other matters,
> votes shall meet the approval thresholds in Robert's Rules.
>
> 4.1.2.2 Electronic Balloting
> At times, it may become necessary for the Sponsor to render a
> decision that cannot be made prior
> to the close of one plenary but must be made prior to the opening of
> the following plenary. Such
> decisions may be made using electronic balloting. Provision shall be
> made for the LMSC
> membership to observe and comment on Sponsor electronic ballots. All
> comments from those
> who are not members of the Sponsor shall be considered. Commenters
> who are not members of
> the Sponsor are urged to seek a voting member of the Sponsor
> (normally their WG or TAG
> Chair) to include the viewpoint of the commenter in their vote.
> The LMSC Chair, or a Sponsor member designated by the Chair (usually
> a Vice Chair), shall
> determine the duration of the ballot, issue the ballot by e-mail and
> tally the votes after the ballot
> is closed. Sponsor voting members shall return their vote and
> comments by e-mail.
> The minimum duration of an electronic ballot shall be 10 days. For
> urgent matters once
> sufficient response is received to clearly decide a matter, the
> Ballot may be closed early. This
> allows a decision to be reach in less than 10 days. Ballots where
> the possibility of an early close
> exists must be clearly marked accordingly. Otherwise, the tally of
> votes shall not be made until
> at least 24 hours after the close of the ballot to allow time for
> delivery of the e-mail votes.
> The affirmative vote of a majority of all members of the Sponsor
> with voting rights is required
> for an electronic ballot to pass except when specified otherwise by
> the LMSC P&P or this OM.
> If at the end of the ballot insufficient votes have been received to
> pass the ballot, the ballot fails.
> The motion and tally of any email votes since the last EC meeting
> shall be included in the
> minutes of the next EC meeting.
>
> 4.1.3 Meetings
> Sponsor meetings are open to observers. However, some meetings may
> occur in Executive
> Session [see subclause 6.3 of the LMSC Policies and Procedures]. An
> open discussion or
> acknowledgement of a request to participate in a particular
> discussion is determined by the
> Chair.
>
> 4.1.3.1 Procedure for Limiting the Length of the IEEE 802 Sponsor
Meetings