From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Paul Nikolich
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 5:25 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] concerns regarding 802.15 PARs for consideration in November

Bob,

Upon review, the incorrect Criteria #2 are used for the proposed MBAN and
PSC PARs.  This will need to be corrected.

Regardless, upon reviewing the draft Personal Space Communication PAR/5C it
is not clear to me that this work is within the scope of 802 (it seems to
define functionality above layer 1/2), has distinct identity within 802 (it
seems current MAC/PHY functionality meets the proposed requirements) or is
compatible within the family of 802 standards (not addressed in the 5C).
Please make sure these items are addressed by the WG/TG at next week's
session.

EC Members--one of the major issues we discussed at the July 2009 EC
Workshop was the need to improve architectural consistency across our WG
specifications--please take this opportunity to review the PSC PAR in that
context--is it consistent within the current scope/architecture of 802, and
if there appear to be issues, suggest a remedies to the proposing PSC Study
Group.

Regards,

--Paul