[802SEC] Report that 802.11aa has met the conditions required to proceed to Sponsor Ballot
Dear EC members,
I am pleased to report that 802.11aa has met the conditions required to proceed to Sponsor Ballot.
This email contains a summary report in compliance with Clause 14 of the LMSC Operations Manual.
The 802.11aa project (Video Transport Streams) was granted conditional approval to move to Sponsor Ballot by LMSC during the July 2011 Plenary meeting.
The updated report to the EC contains recirculation ballot #6 results. It can be found at:
a) Recirculation ballot is completed.
* Condition met: Recirculation Sponsor Ballot #6 completed on August 31, 2011
b) After resolution of the recirculation ballot is completed, the approval percentage is at least 75% and there are no new valid DISAPPROVE votes.
* Condition met: The approval percentage is 94.97%. In ballot 184, there was one disapprove vote with four comments submitted. All four comments were evaluated. They were recognized as repeat comments from the same disapprove voter and rejected.
c) No technical changes, as determined by the WG Chair, were made as a result of the recirculation ballot.
* Condition met: P802.11aa Draft 6.0 as circulated for ballot does not require any further changes.
d) No new valid DISAPPROVE comments on new issues that are not resolved to the satisfaction of the submitter from existing DISAPPROVE voters.
* Condition met: There was one disapprove vote with 4 comments deemed to be repetitions.
e) If the WG Chair determines that there is a new invalid DISAPPROVE comment or vote, the WG Chair shall promptly provide details to the Sponsor.
* Answer: There were four invalid DISAPPROVE comments associated with one disapprove vote. The comments and their dispositions are comments IDs 6001 thru 6004 as contained in https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/11/11-11-1159-00-00aa-unsatisfied-comments-lb164-through-lb184.xls
f) The WG Chair shall immediately report the results of the ballot to the Sponsor including: the date the ballot closed, vote tally and comments associated with any remaining disapproves (valid and invalid), the WG responses and the rationale for ruling any vote invalid.
* The ballot closed on: August 31, 2011.
* The vote tally is: Approve 151, Disapprove 8, Abstain 38.
The one disapprove vote is associated with 4 comments which we report as unsatisfied. Correspondence with the voter has been limited and he did not participate in the last two recirculation ballots.
The composite of all unsatisfied comments and the resolutions approved by the comment resolution committee received during working group ballot may be found on page 8 of
Additionally the comments, IDs 6001 thru 6004 are contained in https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/11/11-11-1159-00-00aa-unsatisfied-comments-lb164-through-lb184.xls
We will begin preparing the Sponsor Ballot package with the current expectation that it will be started by the Friday September 9, 2011.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.