[802SEC] 802.11ad has met the conditions required to proceed to Sponsor Ballot
Dear EC members,
I am pleased to report that 802.11ad has met the conditions required to proceed to Sponsor Ballot.
This email contains a summary report in compliance with Clause 14 of the LMSC Operations Manual.
The 802.11ad project (Very High Throughput - 60 GHz) was granted conditional approval to move to Sponsor Ballot by LMSC during the November 2011 Plenary meeting.
The updated report to the EC containing recirculation ballot #5 results. It can be found at:
a) Recirculation ballot is completed.
* Condition met: Recirculation ballot was completed on November 24. The Ballot occurred, in accordance with the schedule presented to the EC in document 11-11/1447r3. The recirculation running at the time conditional approval was granted completed on schedule.
b) After resolution of the recirculation ballot is completed, the approval percentage is at least 75% and there are no new valid DISAPPROVE votes.
* Condition met: The approval percentage is 95%.
- There are no new DISAPPROVE votes.
c) No technical changes, as determined by the WG Chair, were made as a result of the recirculation ballot.
* Condition met: P802.11ad Draft 5.0 as circulated for ballot does not require any further changes.
d) No new valid DISAPPROVE comments on new issues that are not resolved to the satisfaction of the submitter from existing DISAPPROVE voters.
* Condition met: During the last recirculation, 23 comments were received. Of these only 10 comments were from DISAPPROVE voters. None of these comments were on new issues.
- Therefore, no new DISAPPROVE comments were received.
e) If the WG Chair determines that there is a new invalid DISAPPROVE comment or vote, the WG Chair shall promptly provide details to the Sponsor.
* Answer: There are no new DISAPPROVE votes
* The 10 DISAPPOVE comments received in the most recent ballot were from existing DISAPPROVE votes were a continuation of comments and issues from the previous recirculation.
* The complete set of comments and their dispositions are contained in https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/11/11-11-1603-02-00ad-lb186-comment-database.xlsx
f) The WG Chair shall immediately report the results of the ballot to the Sponsor including: the date the ballot closed, vote tally and comments associated with any remaining disapproves (valid and invalid), the WG responses and the rationale for ruling any vote invalid.
* The ballot closed on 2011-11-24 at 23:59 ET
* The vote tally: For: 197, against: 11, abstain: 21. 82.4% return., 94.7% affirmative.
* No Disapprove votes have been ruled invalid.
* The comments associated with remaining disapproves are included in slides 8-11 of the full report:
We are preparing the Sponsor Ballot package with the current expectation that the ballot will be started by Tuesday December 6, 2011.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.