[802SEC] ITU-T SG-15 Liaison to ITU-R WP1A Regarding Spectrum for Narrowband Wireless Home Area Networking

Dear EC,

This particular liaison may have been brought up in discussions earlier this year. ITU-T SG-15 is proposing a specific technology for narrowband wireless home area networking (Z-wave) and specific operating frequencies.

Those in 802 with an interest in wireless home area networks may wish to review the ITU-T SG-15 proposal. The Chairman’s report from the recent WP1A meeting is, as of today, not yet available so I have no way of knowing what actions were considered. It does appear that SG-15 did not get what they wanted since what they were asking for would seem beyond the remit of an ITU-R WP or SG.

The ITU-T SG-15 liaison is available on the 802.18 Mentor web site as Doc. 18-12-0055 and will be reviewed during our July meeting. Since 802.18 has a limited number of planned sessions during the San Diego meeting could those with an interest in wireless home area networks please circulate this amongst their attendees for comments and let me know if an input to ITU-R WP1A is needed. Indeed if an input is deemed appropriate please feel free to prepare some draft text.

Regards,

Mike