[802SEC] 802 Smart Grid ECSG motion and report.
The 802 Smart Grid ECSG completed its meetings on Wednesday afternoon.
The group voted to request that the EC form a Smart Grid TAG and I am
going to bring the following motion to the closing plenary (John, please
add an agenda item for me, MI Smart Grid ECSG report and TAG motion)
Motion is to request that the 802 EC approve the formation of a Smart
Grid TAG with the scope and meeting schedule as listed in sg-12-0010-00.
Interim Chair is James Gilb by appointment, elections to be held at the
(I would appreciate any suggestions to clarify the motion)
Our plan is to meet only during plenaries with Ad-hoc meetings at
interims on an as-needed basis and conference calls as required under
The scope of the group is:
The 802 Smart Grid TAG
- Acts as a liaison and point of contact with regulatory agencies,
industry organizations, other SDOs, government agencies, IEEE societies,
etc., for questions regarding the use of 802 standards in Smart Grid
- Facilitate coordination and collaboration among 802 groups.
- Provides speakers as needed and available to present on 802
standards in Smart Grid applications.
- Develops white papers, guidelines, presentations and other documents
that do not require a PAR that describe the application of 802 standards
to Smart Grid applications.
- Acts as a resource for understanding 802 standards for certification
efforts by industry bodies.
The closing report and this motion can be found at:
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.