From: Michael Lynch [mailto:MJLynch@mjlallc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:55 PM
To: Thompson, Geoffrey O.; Michael Lynch
Cc: James P. K. Gilb; DAmbrosia, John; Rosdahl, Jon; Nikolich, Paul; Thaler, Pat; clint.chaplin@gmail.com; tony@jeffree.co.uk; David_Law@ieee.org; bkraemer@ieee.org; bheile@ieee.org; subirdas21@gmail.com; apurva.mody@baesystems.com; Lynch, Michael; Marks, Roger B.; shellhammer@ieee.org; maximilian.riegel@nsn.com; Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee; Canchi, Radhakrishna; John Lemon; Paul Nikolich (paul.nikolich@ATT.NET); List, EC
Subject: RE: +++ 10 Day EC Ballot - Reply Comments to the FCC's Incentive Auction Proposal - Docket No. 12-268 +++

Geoff,

In making my initial response to James the EC reflector was included. In further transmissions today that included the reflector 5 or 6 addresses "weren't available". Would it be better to stop all business requiring EC reponse until someone (and yes, I have followed Paul's instructions on who to contact) has "fixed" the reflector? In the case of this document the only reason that 802 had a chance to file timely reply comments was that the FCC changed the filing date. Based on the short response time for items such as this one rather than relying on the current reflector then maybe everything should be done in F2F meetings and EC conference calls to vote on the contribution(s).

I was simply trying to make certain that those who needed to vote on this document had the opportunity to do so. In this case waiting for someone to fix the reflector could have meant that 802 wouldn't file reply comments. That would have met our rules but not the needs of the concerned 802 WGs. Which is more important? Following the rules when the relector is not reliable or filing the relevant comments?

Best regards,

Mike