[802SEC] EC ballot electronic results - IEEE P802.3bk Extended EPON draft approval as an IEEE standard

Dear EC members,

In respect to the IEEE P802.3bk Extended EPON draft approval as an IEEE standard press release 10 day EC ballot, I'm announcing that sufficient ballots have been received to decide the matter and the ballot has passed. The results are detailed in the table below. I received 4 comments and I've attached an updated draft (IEEE-SA_802 3bk_release_v7.pdf) as well as a diff (IEEE-SA_802 3bk_release_v7Diff.pdf) to show the changes made in respect of these comments - details of the comments are recorded below.

Based on these results I'll go ahead and ask the IEEE-SA to issue the release.

Thanks and best regards,
  David

 Vote categories:         NV     APP    DIS    ABS    DNV
 VC Pat Thaler                   APP with comments (2)
 VC James Gilb                   APP
 ES Jon Rosdahl                  APP
 RS John D'Ambrosia              APP
 TR Clint Chaplin                APP
 01 Tony Jeffree                 APP
 03 David Law                    APP
 11 Bruce Kraemer                APP
 15 Bob Heile                    APP
 16 Roger Marks                  APP with comments (2)
 17 John Lemon            NV
 18 Mike Lynch                   APP
 19 Steve Shellhammer            APP
 20 Radhakrishna Canchi   NV
 21 Subir Das                    APP
 22 Apurva Mody                  APP
 24 James Gilb    Only gets one vote
 OE Max Riegel            NV
 ME Geoff Thompson        NV
 19 TOTALS                05     14     00      00    00

Pat comments:

(1) I don't recall in the past having a video link in the press release - does that mean that our vote covers the video as well as the release?

REPONSE: I understand that the IEEE-SA has already made the decision to publish the video - so I don't believe we are endorsing the video itself - we are however endorsing the link to it in the press release.

(2) The link doesn't work.

REPONSE: The video can be accessed at <https://www.dropbox.com/s/kini349c023szky/Marek%20Hajduczenia_IEEEP8023bkHD.mov> although this won't be the URL used in the release.

Roger comments:

(1) The effect is weakened by soft wording such as "intended to" and "designed to" in many places, including the headline. For example, I think it would be stronger to replace:

"IEEE 802.3bk is intended to address these issues by amending..." with

"IEEE 802.3bk addresses these issues by amending..."

REPONSE: Please see the attached updated draft.

(2) One of the quotes refers to "the next generation of EPON" and "this next-generation EPON, once finished, ". I can't tell if it's talking about 802.3bk or some future standard.

REPONSE: The quote that this text has been updated, please see the attached updated draft.