|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
I finally sat down and went through your slides. Sorry it took me a few days to get to it. I have some Comment and Questions for you on these slides.
Comments and Questions
· It says that the EC assigns to 802.24 “application categories.” This is a little confusing to me. I would assume the EC would assign to 802.24 a specific task with a specific deliverable. Maybe you can reword this bullet item
· It says “…white papers, guidelines, presentations and other documents that do not require a PAR.” Once these documents are developed what happens to them? Are they posted on the 802 web site? Are they sent to other organizations? Are they approved only by 802.24 or are they also approved by the EC?
· If I understand it correctly it looks like there could be one or more task groups under within the TAG. Is that correct? Would each task group focus on a specific application category?
· It says “request from the IEEE 802.24 TAG the formation of a subgroup … Approval for forming a subgroup is a majority vote.” Is the request to the EC or to the 802.24 TAG, or both? Who votes on the formation of this task force? As I read the next two bullets I think those answer the questions, but this bullet should be clear on its own. So I suggest rewriting it.
· I assume this scope document would describe the deliverables (i.e. what is the document being developed) and where that deliverable will be placed (i.e. the 802 web site, sent to some organization, etc.) Is that correct?
· Maybe this is a good place to include what is the deliverable of the process and where it goes.
· This presentation describes how a new TG is formed. Do you plan to describe how the final deliverable is approved? I assume it is the 802.24 WG and the EC. Do the other supporting WGs also vote?
· Is all of this going into the 802.24 Operating Manual, since these look like rules?
Dear EC members
Paul has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me.
This motion is taken under the normal process for approving EC actions and according to 7.1.1, item a) "Formation or modification of a subgroup, including its procedures, scope, and duties" requires a majority vote of those responding.
Moved: IEEE 802 Executive Committee approves the new scope of the IEEE
802.24 Vertical Applications TAG and the process for approving new work withing the TAG as described in document 24-14-0016-01-0000-TG-creation-process.pdf.
Moved: Gilb, Seconded: D'Ambrosia
Start of ballot: Thursday, 22 May 2014
Close of ballot: Sunday, 1 June 2014, 11:59 pm AOE.
For your convenience, I have attached the document.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.