[802SEC] Preparation of a Presentation at 3GPP LAA Workshop

EC, 802.19 and 802.11,

               As you probably saw a few days ago, the IEEE received an invitation to make a presentation at the 3GPP Licensed Assisted Access (LAA) workshop.

               Information about the workshop is available in the LS received from 3GPP RAN, which is posted on the IEEE web site,

               http://www.ieee802.org/Communications/RP-151095.zip

               The workshop is August 29 in Beijing China.  According to the LS submissions to the workshop are due on August 21.

               I exchanged a few emails with Paul on this topic and we agreed we should target to get the presentation completed at the July plenary so we can get EC approval at the Friday closing.  If for some reason we cannot make that deadline we would need to complete the presentation on or before August 11, so we would have time for a 10-day EC email ballot.

               I emailed Dino Flore and asked him how much time we would be allocated at the workshop and he said the following,

               “As the assumption is to have one input per organization, my expectation is that we will have up to 4/5 inputs. For each input, I would say we should have somewhere between 30 and 60 mins for presentation (depending on length and depth) and up to twice as much for Q&A and discussion.”

               In order to get a “jump on this” before the July Plenary I am scheduling a conference call, which requires 10 day notice. The conference call will be,

·        Wednesday July 8 at 11 AM Eastern Daylight Time

I believe this does not conflict with either an 802.11 or 802.19 conference call.  I will send out the bridge information a few days before the call.

               If anyone has a presentation they would like to make on that conference call please email me with the title of the presentation.

Thanks,

Steve