[802SEC] Subgroup review.

All

We will do our annual review of the subgroups during the July plenary meeting. I have a question I would like to pose, so continue reading.

I will do a very short introduction during the opening and ask for a motion to during the closing (e.g., something like, "802 EC has reviewed the subgroups, <list of subgroups>, and wishes to continue their charter" or much better words that you can suggest).

I have the following listed as subgroups and TAGs
802.18 Radio Regulatory TAG
802.24 Vertical Applications TAG
IEEE 802 802 JTC1 standing committee
IEEE 802 EC/IETF Standing Committee
IEEE 802 Wireless Chairs Standing Committee
IEEE 802 EC/ITU Standing Committee

with a report that can be found at:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/15/ec-15-0039-00-00EC-2015-subgroup-review.ppt
(Glenn, I am sure, will submit the ITU SC real soon now).

Question: Should the 802.11/802.15 regulatory standing committee be considered as one of these groups? I would guess that it is not required as the 802.11 and 802.15 are welcome to form subgroups in their respective WGs that meet together. But, would it help if the group had status as an official sponsor subgroup.

Thanks

James Gilb