[802SEC] Update on IEEE P802.3br Interspersing Express Traffic

Dear EC members,

At the November 2015 IEEE 802 Plenary meeting, conditional approval was granted to forward IEEE P802.3br Interspersing Express Traffic to sponsor ballot. I therefore want to provide you with an update on this project.

The conditions listed in Clause 12 'Procedure for conditional approval to forward a draft standard' of the IEEE 802 Operations Manual include (b) '... and there are no new valid DISAPPROVE votes.'. During the most recent IEEE P802.3br recirculation ballot one voter changed his vote from Approve to Disapprove based on support of an unresolved, and therefore in scope, disapprove comment during the last recirculation (he has "piled on").

I therefore believe his disapprove vote is valid and therefore we do not meet item (b) of the conditional approval granted in November. However, as a restatement of an existing comment, this disapprove vote does not require recirculation.

Since there were no other disapprove comments, and after consideration of comments received, no substantive changes are being made to the draft, we find ourselves in the situation where we have failed the conditional approval requirements, yet we do not require a recirculation ballot.

I therefore expect the IEEE 802.3 Working Group to consider a motion to request unconditional approval for IEEE P802.3br to proceed to sponsor ballot, and if such a motion is passed I will request a 10 day email ballot of the IEEE 802 Executive Committee.

Best regards,
  David