|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
Dear EC Members,
The Computer Society is soliciting nominations for IEEE Fellows. If you know of someone that you think is qualified (including yourself), please pursue the nomination process immediately, time is short. Having been through the process several times, it requires a fair amount of effort to line up the references and endorsements, so if you're interested, hop to it! See the below information for details.
------ Forwarded Message ------
From: "Milagros Lovos" <email@example.com>
To: "Milagros Lovos" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: 1/14/2016 3:31:49 PM
Subject: Call for IEEE Fellow Nominations - Class of 2017 - Deadline 1 March 2016
This message is sent on behalf of 2016 IEEE-CS Fellow Committee Chair Fabrizio Lombardi.
Nominations for the IEEE Fellows Class of 2017 are now being accepted. Nominate a colleague, coworker, or friend whose career and body of work you consider eligible for elevation to the IEEE Fellow grade. IEEE Fellow is a distinction reserved for select IEEE members whose extraordinary accomplishments in any of the IEEE fields of interest are deemed fitting of this prestigious grade elevation.
Please Note: If you have already agreed to serve in the 2016 IEEE-CS Fellows Evaluation Committee, you cannot serve as a nominator, endorser or reference for any nominee being evaluated by the IEEE Computer Society.
All forms (nominations, references, and endorsements) must be submitted no later than 01 March at 11:59PM ET.
To be nominated as a Fellow, a recipient must:
• Have accomplishments that have contributed importantly to the advancement or application of engineering, science and technology, bringing the realization of significant value to society;
• Hold Senior Member or Life Senior Member grade at the time the nomination is submitted; and
• Have been a member in good standing in any grade for a period of five years or more preceding 1 January of the year of elevation.
As a Nominator
Any person, including non-IEEE members, is eligible to serve as a nominator. The following are exceptions: members of the IEEE Board of Directors, members of the IEEE Fellow Committee, IEEE Society/Technical Council Fellow Evaluating Committee Chairs, members of IEEE Society/Technical Council Fellow Evaluating Committee reviewing the nomination, or IEEE Staff. Self-nomination is not permitted.
• Preparing the IEEE Fellow Grade Nomination Form.
• Soliciting at least five, but no more than eight, references capable of assessing the nominee’s contributions.
(NOTE: A reference must be an IEEE Fellow in good standing. The following individuals are ineligible to serve as IEEE Fellow references: members of the IEEE Board of Directors, members of the Fellow Committee, members of the IEEE Society/Technical Council Fellow Evaluating Committee reviewing the nomination or IEEE Staff. In addition, a nominator may not serve as a reference for a nomination he/she is submitting. Exception: References will be accepted if a reference is an IEEE Senior or Life Senior Member from Region 9, in good standing and the nominee they are serving as a reference resides in Region 9).
• There is the option of soliciting no more than three endorsements capable of supporting the nomination. Any person, including non-IEEE members, may submit an endorsement.
• Identifying an IEEE Society/Technical Council whose evaluating committee will assess the nominee’s technical qualifications and contributions.
Find out more about the IEEE Fellows Program and evaluation process at http://www.ieee.org/membership_services/membership/fellows/steps.html
Attached - Fellow Nomination Help Guide
We appreciate your support, time and expertise.
2016 IEEE-CS Fellow Committee Chair
IEEE_Fellows_Nomination - Help Guide.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document