Re: [802SEC] 802 restructuring ad hoc 1pm ET meeting 17 August 2021 to be replaced by 4pm ET Near Term Mixed Mode Meeting sub ad hoc

Andrew, et. al.,

Please do not confuse cost (expenses for a meeting) and price (meeting fee).
Meetings have expenses that make up the total cost.
Meeting fees are the price the attendee pays.
Costs for the meetings are accounted for and reported.
Meeting Fees are set indirectly from the costs.
As Clint has reported, when we were constantly running a deficit (cost), we raised the meeting fee (price).
WHen we felt like the reserve was too high, the meeting fee was set to not meet the total cost and the difference was taken from the reserves.

The Meeting fees for the last in person meeting was $600/$700/$900. (Nov 2019)
However, for those meetings, the cost of that meeting was $850 average per person .
So many did not pay even the average cost of the meeting.

For the July 2021 Electronic Plenary -
The Meeting fee was set at $50/$75.
The costs are not fully accounted for yet and the average is not determined, but the average will not be exactly what the price (meeting fee) was.
The Treasurer's report will provide this detail later.

If you have an in person meeting, the incremental costs of providing remote access for those not able to travel is non-trival.
I think your thought plan has trivialized the work to determine the cost and what the price point should be set to.

George is leading the discussion to address these distinctions and the possible logistics to provide access for a mixed mode meeting.
Let's try to give him a chance.
Jon

Jon Rosdahl                             Engineer, Senior Staff
IEEE 802 Executive Secretary   Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
office: 801-492-4023                  10871 North 5750 West
cell:   801-376-6435                   Highland, UT 84003

A Job is only necessary to eat!

A Family is necessary to be happy!!