From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org> on behalf of Edward Au <edward.ks.au@GMAIL.COM>
Sent: Tuesday, August 8, 2023 8:28 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: [802SEC] +++EC Motion [2]+++ Approval of submission for Japan MIC’s consultation on Technical Conditions re: Wireless LAN Systems

Dear colleagues,

With this email I would like to announce the start of a LMSC ballot on a comment submission to Japan Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC)’s consultation on Technical Conditions re: Wireless LAN Systems.

Paul has delegated to me to conduct a LMSC (EC) 10-day electronic ballot on the motion below to approve the comments to the administration.  This EC motion is per IEEE 802 OM 7.2.1 Procedure, P&P 7.1 b) (majority response) and P&P 7.1.2 (2/3 approval of votes cast) for communication with government bodies and public statements.  With that we would like to see everyone respond.

Move to approve document https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/23/18-23-0081-06-0000-proposed-response-to-japan-mic-consultation-on-technical-conditions-re-wireless-lan-systems.pdf for submission to the Japan MIC’s consultation before the contribution deadline, with editorial license granted to the 802.18 chair.
  • Approved in the RR-TAG: _10_ / _0_ / _1_ (The Chair did not vote)

Mover:       Edward Au
Seconder:  Dorothy Stanley

Start of ballot:   8 August 2023
Close of ballot: 17 August 2023