[STDS-802-11-ARC] REMINDER: Homework: Definition of "IEEE 802 Network"

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 ARC Reflector ---

All,

A reminder that we have a “homework” item, assigned from the P802REVc meeting in May, to deliver a proposed definition for the term “IEEE 802 Network” to the P802REVc group for their consideration and inclusion into the IEEE Std 802 draft.

Per our discussions on ARC teleconferences, we have ended up with this as our latest proposal for this definition:

IEEE 802 ® network: an interconnected group of two or more devices that forward user data frames according to IEEE 802 medium access control (MAC) addresses, and IEEE 802 MAC addresses identify the endpoints of the communication.

We will be discussing this proposed definition during the ARC meeting(s) in Berlin next week.  If anyone has further thoughts/comments on this proposal, please be prepared to discuss during an ARC meeting slot (and let me and Joe know which slot would work for you).

Thanks!  Mark