From: *** IEEE stds-802-11-cac List *** [mailto:STDS-802-11-CAC@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stephen McCann
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2017 12:47 AM
To: STDS-802-11-CAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-11-CAC] Web page updates

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 Chairs' Advisory Committee Reflector ---

Dear all,

           please can you send me any web page updates from your meetings in Daejeon.  Thanks to those people who have already sent them to me.

Kind regards

Stephen

Title: IEEE P802.11 - TASK GROUP BA
--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 Chairs' Advisory Committee Reflector ---

IEEE P802.11 - TASK GROUP BA - GROUP INFORMATION

Status of Project IEEE 802.11ba

Wake-up Radio (WUR) Operation

Minyoung Park, Chair
1st Vice-Chair: Yunsong Yang, 2nd Vice-Chair: Eunsung Park
Leif Wilhelmsson, Recording Secretary

Background

In May 2016, the Wake-up Radio (WUR) Study Group was created within IEEE 802.11 Working Group to develop PAR (project authorization request) and CSD (criteria for standrd development) to enable an energy efficient data reception mode without increase of latency for the 802.11 standard. (See: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/16/11-16-0722-01-0000-proposal-for-wake-up-receiver-study-group.pptx)

The WUR SG completed developing PAR and CSD documents in November 2016. The PAR and CSD was approved by IEEE-SA Standards Board in December 2016. A new task group TGba has been formed in the 802.11 Working Group to develop an amendment titled "Wake-up Radio Operation".

July 2017, Berlin, Germany

May 2017, Daejeon, Korea

March 2017, Vancouver, BC, Canada

January 2017, Atlanta, Georgia, USA

IEEE 802.11 Wake-up Radio Study Group

November 2016, San Antonio, Texas, USA

September 2016, Warsaw, Poland

July 2016, San Diego, California, USA

USEFUL LINKS TO OTHER SITES:

IEEE P802.11 WLANs RELATED

OTHER SITES

This page is maintained by Minyoung Park. Comments are welcome.

Copyright (c), the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE).
All rights reserved.
This website may contain names, logos, designs, titles, words, or phrases that may
constitute trademarks, service marks, or tradenames of the IEEE or other entities
which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.