From: Mark Rison <m.rison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, 28 April 2021 12:07 AM
To: Andrew Myles (amyles) <amyles@xxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-11-CAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-11-CAC] [STDS-802-11] Results of poll related to 2021 September member input

Hello,

I'm not familiar with levels 1-4 (the UK will shortly produce its

own list, based on traffic light colours).  Is this https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html ?

That doesn't seem to match Andy's list below (e.g. Cambodia is missing,

and of course there's the level 1 countries like Australia and China).

However, it seems to me that you have to consider rx as well as tx.

It may well be that level 1/2 countries will not want visitors from

level 3/4 countries (e.g. my understanding is that Australia will

not be accepting visitors for the foreseeable future, except very

specific ones, e.g. visitors from New Zealand).

I would agree that the key decision is how much notice would be given.

I would point out that the amount of notice depends on both the tx and

the rx, e.g. for me a meeting in Europe potentially needs less notice

than one in the USA.

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk