[STDS-802-11-EDITORS] Using color in amendments

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 Editors' Reflector ---

Hello Editors,

I’m soliciting input on the use of color in the published amendments. Essentially it would make published amendments look somewhat like the redline draft:

On “Change” instructions,

  • inserted text would be blue and underlined
  • deleted text would be red with strickthrough

Editing instructions would be a different color, too.

If printed in black and white, the amendment would look much like it does today, although the color might come out as a shade of gray.

See attached examples.

Other groups are using this. For consistency, we would start with the 11ax draft (1st amendment to 802.11-2020).

Let me know whether or not you are in favor.

Regards,

-Robert