Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBA] FW: [STDS-802-11-TGBA] NWIP in SC6 overlapping 802.11ba

Hello Andrew,

Please see my responses inline below.

Thanks,
Minyoung

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 8:58 PM Andrew Myles (amyles) <amyles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

G’day Minyoung

Many apologies. I completely missed it.

I don’t claim to be an expert in WUR, 802.11ba or this proposal in SC6/WG1. However, there do appear to be a few differences between 802.11ba and the proposal in SC6/WG1.

  • I believe WUR in 802.11ba operates in-band in a 20MHz channel, whereas it appears WUR in  the proposal in SC6/WG1 might operate in the guard bands
[MP]  SC6/WG1 claims to support interoperability with Wi-Fi by adding a legacy preamble in front of a wake-up signal, which means it operates in-band in a 20MHz channel so not sure if it will operate in the guard bands.
  • WUR in 802.11ba is obviously focused on Wi-Fi, whereas WUR in  the proposal in SC6/WG1 Seems to claim that it will work with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 802.15.4
 [MP] When SC6/WG1 works with Wi-Fi, it is very close to 802.11ba. If it works for Bluetooth or 802.15.4, this is something different than 802.11ba. I don't think SC6/WG1 is defining a waveform that works for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and 802.15.4.

It might be worthwhile addressing these differences in any LS we send SC6

Have you tried reaching out to the proposers of the SC6/WG1 project  from the Smart Network Research Center  at KETI? [MP] No.

  • Yongju Park
  • Hyun-Seuk Ahn

Andrew