From: Jungnickel, Volker <volker.jungnickel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 02 March 2021 09:18
To: Nikola Serafimovski <nikola.serafimovski@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; Chong Han <chong.han@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: STDS-802-11-TGBB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Comments on Relayed CCA

Dear Nikola, Chong,

I have some remarks regarding the relayed CCA scheme proposed in doc. 11-21/0280r1. My two main problems are

  1. it ends in a desaster if it is occassionally also used in non-AP STAs.
  2. it needs full-duplex support at APs which increases complexity

My personal view is it should be optional and if used, in no way activated at non-AP STAs.

I hope these comments are helpful for you.

Best regards - Volker

Priv.-Doz. Dr. Volker Jungnickel

Metro-, Access and Inhouse Systems

Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institut