[STDS-802-11-TGBC] discussion on CID 1123

Dear all,

We had a discussion on CID 1123 during today’s teleconference shown as below.

During the July meeting, Mark H has proposed to use the term EBCS Streams Request/response frame. However, today, there was a comment that since we also have the term EBCS traffic streams, that may lead to additional comments. Though in my humble opinion, EBCS Traffic Streams Request frame may be a bit too long. There is also disagreement on whether to use the original name of “EBCS Request/Response frames”.

So now we have three options:

  1. Use EBCS Request/Response frame (no change)
  2. Use EBCS Streams Request/Response frame (as discussed during July meeting)
  3. Use EBCS Traffic Stream Request/Response frame (as discussed today)

As an alternative, maybe we can use EBCS Content Request/Response frame?

So Option 4:

  1. Use EBCS Content Request/Response frame

Please let us know of any feedback and preference or if you have any proposals. Thank you!

1123

252

1

9.6.50.1

47.00

1

9.6.50.1

Xiaofei Wang

The name of the eBCS Request/Response frame should be eBCS Negotiation Request/Response frame. The original name does not specify the function and MLME SAP interfaces for them are MLME-EBCNEGOTIATION.request/response.

As commented.

Best regards,

Xiaofei Clement Wang

Principal Engineer | InterDigital