Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBC] discussion on CID 1123

Hello Xiaofei,

As I've previously mentioned, I plan to make a comment on D2.0 that we

should not be calling things "EBCS traffic stream"s, because "traffic stream"

already has a definition that is (I think) not compatible with the intended

meaning of "EBCS traffic stream":

traffic stream (TS): A set of medium access control (MAC) service data units (MSDUs) to be delivered

subject to the quality-of-service (QoS) parameter values provided to the MAC in a particular traffic

specification (TSPEC). TSs are meaningful only to MAC entities that support QoS within the MAC data

service. These MAC entities determine the TSPEC applicable for delivery of MSDUs belonging to a

particular TS using the priority parameter provided with those MSDUs at the MAC service access point

(MAC SAP).

However, as a general rule I think that the same term should be used

everywhere for the same concept, so that it can be grepped for.  So

for now I think the terms EBCS Traffic Stream Request/Response are the

right ones to use.  If we decide to rename the things to EBCS Supercalifragilisticexpialidociousness

then the terms EBCS Supercalifragilisticexpialidociousness Request/Response

would be the right ones, etc.

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk