Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Clarifications on QoS management contribution (418r3)

Hi Chunyu,

Perhaps I’m not understanding your end-to-end connection question correctly, but I assume that TIDs are used to differentiate traffic streams in the .11 MAC. Higher layer protocols would have to be used to ensure QoS end to end, but that would be outside the scope of .11.

Furthermore, the new TIDs proposal would only apply to .11be. The new TIDs would enable further classification and prioritization over .11be. If the same flow is transmitted over 11ax, it would have to use whatever classification is available in .11ax.

I understand there may be more complex E2E QoS issues, but the scope of the proposal was to enable better QoS over .11be.

Thanks

Dave