From: Yangbo (Boyce, 2012 NT Lab) <yangbo59@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 2:26 AM
To: STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: [External Mail][营销邮件] [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 11-20/1046 SP1 discussion (restricted TWT)

Hi Chunyu,

Thanks for your contribution and sp

As you mentioned in the straw poll text, EHT STAs shall end it’s TXOP. What about pre-EHT STAs? If pre-EHT STAs don’t follow the rules, there would be two problems: 1, EHT STAs are actually have lower priority than legacy STAs by your SP, which seems not right to me. 2, In a real WLAN network, pre-EHT STAs would be the majority for a long time(According to IDC, Upto 40% of unit shipments in 2019 are 802.11n standard) and those STAs don’t follow any rules defined by restricted TWT mechanism, which would actually ruin the mechanism.

As to the wording, I suggest you use a more general description for the mechanism like ‘protected session’,  ’protected access period’ or ’protected access resource’ instead of ‘restricted TWT session(s)’ in this straw poll. So this straw poll focus only on the boundary rules. May be you can add another straw poll to ask whether 11be introduce restricted TWT.

Regards

Boyce Yangbo