From: Yangbo (Boyce, 2012 NT Lab) <yangbo59@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 3:18 AM
To: Das, Subir <sdas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EXTERNAL] 答复: PDT for NS/EP Priority Access

Hi Subir,

Thanks for preparing the updated draft.

I still have some concerns on this description ‘While NSEP Priority Access is enabled, all traffic to and from the non-AP is provided with preferential treatment’. I understand you want to make it simple. However, there should be a mechanism to avoid abuse by non-AP STAs to obtain inappropriate high priority.

SD> The mechanism to avoid the abuse is the authorization information that AP will have. We have text such as “The service is only available to designated, authorized individuals or devices”, and “During Association, APs verify the authority of non-AP STAs to use NSEP Priority Access.”.    Will see if we can clarify this even further.

Also you mentioned that NESP service can only be enabled in a managed BSS, I think you should point it out explicitly in the PDT.

SD> We have text such as “ When an authorized user or the managed service provider detects the need for priority, it invokes NSEP Priority Access via a higher layer function within the STA.” Will see if we can further clarify this.

Regards

Boyce Yangbo