Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Some concern for DCN 1255r5 and 1256r3

Hi Laurent,

I see you delete the last case in the definition of MLD probe request format in 1255r5. Since there is no motion on this point, it will be an open topic.

For the format of an MLD probe request, is it possible to delete the first bullet and only keep the second one? I think MLD probe request can be identified by the probe request carrying ML IE(or keep the sentence as TBD signaling ).

That’s to say, the probe request will be thought as normal probe request if not carrying ML IE. Otherwise, it will be thought as MLD probe request, and some specific information can be contained in ML IE of probe request if non-AP MLD wants to get some profiles of the AP MLD.

Anyway, I think the second bullet is enough to cover my ideas and identify the MLD probe request. What’s your take on this?

33.3.2.2 MLD Prob

An MLD probe request is a Probe Request frame:

  • with the Address 1 field set to the broadcast address, the Address 3 field set to the BSSID of an AP, or with the Address 1 field set to the BSSID of an AP, or other addressing TBD.
  • and that includes a TBD signalling that identifies that the Probe Request frame is an MLD probe request and that identifies which APs of the AP MLD are requested.

Thanks

Best Regards

Jay Yang