[STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: [EXT] Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 11-20/1320 pdt-mac-mlo-multi-link-channel-access-capability-signaling

Dear all,

Base on the discussion during the last MAC call, I capture below questions, and I update R8 base on questions, please further check whether it is OK for you. Further comments are welcome.

Q1:Why there is a STR Operation mode?

Answer: It is not mentioned in the motion text, so I delete “operation mode”, and change to “STR/NSTR mode”. “through an Action frame” is also deleted, which is not mentioned in the motion text.

Q2: Capability will not be updated after association

Answer: it doesn’t mention capability update in R8. “The STR/NSTR mode of a non-AP MLD on a pair of setup links may change after multi-link setup” is used.

Q3: Indicate STR/NSTR capability in pairwise is not efficient

Answer: indicate STR/NSTR capability in pairwise is follows motion text. See Motion 38.

Q4: For the case of link 1T/link 2 R is fine, and link1 R /link 2 T is not supported, why it is NSTR?

Answer: it is the content of Motion 122, #SP167. The spec text follows the motion text.

Q5: For the case of link 1T/link 2 R is fine, and link1 R /link 2 T is not supported, does it need further differentiated?

Answer: it is not mentioned in the motion, so the spec text not mentioned it as well. My personal opinion is not necessary to differentiated it. But if anybody think it is worth to do that, I think it can be further discussed later. Doc 1320 is not a good place to discuss it, because it is out of the scope of passed motions.

The technical reason about no need to differentiate the direction of STR capability is below (see slide4 of 11-20/921r2)

“Most of the transmission has a response frame (Data/Ack, RTS/CTS,…), once any direction is non-STR, PPDU end sync is required. So it doesn’t need to distinguish which direction is non-STR. “

Regards,

Yunbo