[STDS-802-11-TGBE] 11-20/1115r4 Multi-link for Battery Powered AP MLD discussion

Hi all,

I have made a presentation 1115r4 in the MAC call this week, which is introduced a new AP MLD structure for battery powered AP MLD.

I have offline discussed with some team members, and they thought the new structure is fine for the PS purpose although it looks strange compared with current AP MLD definition.

For the conventional AP MLD device, it’s several standalone APs on different links from legacy STA’s view. To compatible with legacy WIFI device like WIFI4,WIFI5 STA, we can’t let any APs in AP MLD enter PS/doze state,  which may cause the legacy device fails to set up the connection with the AP in doze state. Therefore, we think it makes sense to define a battery powered AP MLD architecture.

I'd like to start a email loop in reflector to take more questions and comments. Please let me know if you have any.

Thanks

Best Regards

Jay Yang