Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 11-21/0390 | CIDs 3316, 2313

Po-Kai, I still can’t see “ML association” instead of “ML setup” causing any confusion,

  • ML association: Procedure of associating two MLDs; since it is “ML” association it is understood there is one DS interface
  • MLD association: invoking the association service (providing the non-AP MLD <-> AP MLD mapping to the DS)(e.g., existing references in the text don’t seem to need a change).

Re: “This works perfectly for higher layer because higher layer does not care exactly what is the entity. For them, it just one entity, and everything works exactly like before.”

That’s actually a good argument for having the name association (there is ana association happening) – “ML association” does not mean it is multiple; it means it is ML type.

Interested in hearing what  other people think. Adding reflector for more feedback. Thanks.

Payam