Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] ML IE usage for ML setup

Hi Insun,

Thanks for sharing.

Regarding your discussion point, is it possible for a STA affiliated with a non-AP MLD to send an Association Request frame (without ML element)? If yes, isn’t that enough to signal legacy Association? If an ML Element is included in the Association request frame, I would think it should be considered ML association. What is the reason to include ML element for legacy Association?

Two quick questions regarding the text:

1) Is the Status Code subfield of the Per-STA Control field of the Basic variant Multi-Link element a new field, or is it already defined? If not defined, we need to add it in clause 9.

2) regarding below text:

When the AP affiliated with the AP MLD cannot accept the link on which the (Re)Association Request frame was received, the AP shall treat the multi-link (re)setup as a failure and indicate in the Status Code field the reason for not accepting the link.

Where is this Status Code field located? Would be good to clarify. In this case, is it still necessary to include Per-link Info for all the other links since the request is rejected?

Regards,

Rojan