Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Discussion on 11-21/1224 CC 36 CR for Restricted TWT Setup

Hi Kumail,

Thanks for sharing your document.

I have few questions related to your last revision of your document. I think that some misunderstandings remain.

  • About the definition of a new value of Broadcast TWT Recommendation field. What is your intention with this new value ?

As Jarkko said before, today the value 4 is already defined for the transmission of latency sensitive data. For me, peer-to-peer traffics are latency sensitive traffic.  For sure, the value 4 need more clarifications about what kind of traffics are allowed to be transmitted. Why do you define a new one ?

  • In your doc, it is written : “An r-TWT scheduling AP may limit the usage of a restricted TWT service period for peer-to-peer traffic only, by sending a TWT Response frame with Broadcast TWT Recommendation field equal to 5 and all bits in Restricted TWT DL TID Bitmap and Restricted TWT UL TID Bitmap subfields equal to 0(#4778).”

This sentence is not clear enough. Do you want to restrict the transmission for P2P traffics only ? If it is, I think that it would be better to define it directly in the table describing the functionality of each value of the Broadcast TWT Recommendation field.

  • In your document, it is written: “If Trigger frame(s) are addressed to an r-TWT scheduled STA by an r-TWT scheduling AP in a restricted TWT service period with Broadcast TWT Recommendation field equal to 5, then at least one Trigger frame shall be an MU RTS TXS Trigger frame with TXOP Sharing Mode subfield equal to 2(#4778).”

P2P traffics is also allowed through EDCA mode. Why do you use a “shall” ? P2P traffics is transmitted not only after a MU RTS TXS frame.

Globally, the proposed text need more clarifications.

Regards

Patrice