Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 11-21/534 (reconfiguration) | CIDs 4659, 6587, 6641, 6728

Hi Payam,
Thanks for updating the CR document.
I just want to let you know that disassociation and BTM proposals in your CR document are different topics with adding or removing AP. I found more relevant comments below.

6213 Michael Montemurro After reading this sub-clause and 35.3.5.3, I'm not clear on disassociation procedures. Does the disassocation occur between affiliated STA links or does it occur between MLDs? How are the frames differentiated? If there are changes required, the commenter is willing to collaborate to provide a contribution to address this comment.
917Li-Hsiang SunIf a non-AP receives a broadcast disassociation on a setup link, it should not perform ML teardownclarify the broadcast disassociation does not trigger ML teardown
5180Guogang HuangAny update to the current BTM operation for AP MLD?As in comment.

You said, "A Disassociation frame meant to terminate a single BSS should not be interpreted as an MLD-level disassociation operation."
It seems that you propose to define a single BSS disassociation procedure for the MLD. I don't know why we need this procedure.
This is another new proposal that is different from the current definition of the Multi-link tear-down procedure below.

35.3.5.3 Multi-link tear down procedure
For an MLD to tear down the setup links between the MLD and an associated peer MLD, one of the STAs affiliated with the MLD shall send Disassociation frame to the STA affiliated with the peer MLD on the corresponding link that is enabled (see 35.3.6.1.1 (General)), and the MLD and the peer MLD shall follow the MLD disassociation procedure as described in 11.3 (STA authentication and association).
After multi-link teardown, all the non-AP STAs affiliated with the non-AP MLD are in the same unassociated state as the non-AP MLD.

Not just the above section, you also need to update other sections, e.g., 11.3.6.7 (Non-AP, non-AP MLD, and non-PCP STA disassociation receipt procedure).
Since it needs a lot of changes, I prefer to move the disassociation, BTM parts into another document.

Thanks,
Yongho

2021년 11월 6일 (토) 오후 6:05, Payam Torab <torab@xxxxxxxx>님이 작성:

Hello all – More update to 11-21/0534 (reconfiguration) after more feedback. Thanks.

(@Po-kai, @Jay, @Shawn, please take a look)

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/21/11-21-0534-10-00be-cr-ml-reconfiguration.docx