Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] CIDs on Multi-Link Traffic element in a beacon (doc 22/193)

Hi Minyoung,
We can define another MIB variable dot11MultiLinkTIMActivated.
And, you can say:
The Multi-Link Traffic element is present if dot11MultiLinkTIMActivated is true (see 35.3.12.4 Traffic Indication). Otherwise, it is not present.
Then, in 35.3.12.4, you can write some normative text for describing when dot11MultiLinkTIMActivated is set to true.
For example,
AP MLD shall set dot11MultiLinkTIMActivated to true if dot11TIDtoLinkMappingActivated is true and if at least one of the associated non-AP MLD(s) has successfully negotiated a TID-to-link mapping (see 35.3.6.1.3 (Negotiation of TID-to-link mapping)) with the AP MLD and the AP MLD has buffered...

Thanks,
Yongho

2022년 3월 3일 (목) 오전 11:34, Minyoung Park <mpark.ieee@xxxxxxxxx>님이 작성:
Hi Liwen, Ming, Abhi, Laurent, and all,

Today we had a discussion on the following for CIDs 8264, 4000, 5822:

<Last assigned + 4>

Multi-Link Traffic

The Multi-Link Traffic element is present if
dot11TIDtoLinkMappingActivated is true and if at least one of the associated non-AP MLD(s) has successfully negotiated a TID-to-link mapping (see 35.3.6.1.3 (Negotiation of TID-to-link mapping)) with the AP MLD and the AP MLD has buffered

BU(s) for that non-AP MLD, or if the AP MLD intends to provide link recommendations to at least one of the associated non-AP MLDs that has successfully negotiated a TID-to-link mapping with the AP MLD and all TIDs are mapped to the same subset of the links and the AP MLD has buffered BU(s) for that non-AP MLD, or if the AP MLD intends to provide link recommendations to at least one of the associated non-AP MLDs in the default mapping mode (35.3.6.1.2 Default mapping mode) and the AP MLD has buffered BU(s) for that non-AP MLD; otherwise it is not present.

Based on the discussion, I think we can have the following two options. Please let me know your preference or any suggestion/comments.

Option 1: I rephrased and tried to resolve Ming's comment as follows. See if this works.
The Multi-Link Traffic element is present if dot11TIDtoLinkMappingActivated is true and
- if at least one of the associated non-AP MLD(s) has successfully negotiated a TID-to-link mapping (see 35.3.6.1.3 (Negotiation of TID-to-link mapping)) with the AP MLD and not all TIDs are mapped to the same subset of the setup links and the AP MLD has buffered BU(s) for that non-AP MLD, or
- if the AP MLD intends to provide link recommendations to at least one of the associated non-AP MLD(s) that has successfully negotiated a TID-to-link mapping with the AP MLD and all TIDs are mapped to the same subset of the setup links or to at least one of the associated non-AP MLD(s) that is in the default mapping mode, and the AP MLD has buffered BU(s) for that non-AP MLD;
Otherwise it is not present.

Option2: Alternatively, we can simply say as follows:
The Multi-Link Traffic element is optionally present (see 35.3.12.4 Traffic Indication).

Thanks,
Minyoung