[STDS-802-11-TGBE] Discussion on 1825

Hi Alfred,

R3 of the document 1825 is now on server. This version addresses 4 deferred CIDs based on the feedback from members offline. Please add it to the MAC agenda for SPs.

Hi all,

Please review and let me know if you have further comments.

For CID 4836 (NSTR Mobile AP + Medium Sync Recovery Procedure), I received the following suggestion from Kaiying that I added to the text:

A STA shall not start any MediumSyncDelay timer unless it is not one of the following:

-       a non-AP STA affiliated with a non-AP MLD operating on an NSTR link pair or

-       a non-AP STA affiliated with a non-AP MLD operating on an EMLSR link or

-       an AP affiliated with an NSTR mobile AP MLD operating on the non-primary link of an NSTR link pair (#4836).

(#4727)(#4235)If a (#4836) STA is capable of obtaining a TXOP while the MediumSyncDelay timer has a
nonzero value, it shall perform the following when the timer has a nonzero value:
— If it is a non-AP STA it shall (#4836)  transmit an RTS frame to its associated AP as the initial frame an obtained TXOP
(#4235)(#4416).

If it is an AP it shall transmit an RTS frame to an associated non-AP STA as the initial frame in an obtained TXOP following the NSTR mobile AP multi-link operation defined in 35.3.19 (NSTR mobile AP MLD operation) (#4836).
— Shall not attempt to initiate more than MSD_TXOP_MAX TXOPs since the start of the timer
(#4417).”

For CID 8184, I made the following change based on Yunbo’s suggestion:

8184

244.50

35.2.1.3.2

"The last PPDU transmission by the AP ended less than aSIFSTime before the end of the allocated time in which case it may transmit SIFS after the end of the last PPDU transmission". It could use a time threshold that larger than aSIFSTime as long as the non-AP STA didn't has enough time to transmit any PPDU within this time threshold.

relex aSIFSTime to "aSIFSTime + T" in which T is shorter than the shortest potential PPDU.

Revised.

We added the threshold T to correspond to the shortest typical frame transmission which is a CTS transmitted at highest Ctrl MCS.

TGbe editor:  Apply the changes tagged with #8184 in this document.

If the EHT AP determines that the transmission of an MU-RTS TXS Trigger frame is successful (#4191,4192, 8319, 5242, 5965), then the AP may transmit a PPDU after the end of the
allocated time and before its TXNAV timer has expired if any of the following conditions are satisfied:
— The medium is determined to be idle by the CS mechanism at the end of the allocated time in which
case it may transmit
(#7809)a PIFS after the end of the allocated time.
— The last PPDU transmission by the AP ended less than aSIFSTime plus 24
µs (#8184) before the end of the allocated
time in which case it may transmit
(#7810)a SIFS after the end of the last PPDU transmission.

Note- The number 24 µs is chosen to correspond to the transmission of the shortest typical frame (CTS) transmitted at highest Ctrl MCS rate of 54 Mbps(#8184).”

For CID 7782, 5127 I moved the description on how to use the dot11MSDOFDMEDthreshold to 36.3.20.6.3 based on Yongho’s suggestion:

A(#7782, 5127)  (#4836)STA that is capable of obtaining a TXOP while the
MediumSyncDelay timer has a nonzero value shall use dot11MSDOFDMEDthreshold as specified in
36.3.20.6.3 (CCA sensitivity for occupying the primary 20 MHz channel)  in order to detect a channel busy condition in the primary 20 MHz channel channel  (#7782, 5127)

36.3.20.6 CCA sensitivity

36.3.20.6.3 CCA sensitivity for occupying the primary 20 MHz channel

The receiver shall issue a PHY-CCA.indication primitive with the STATUS parameter set to BUSY for any

signal that exceeds the below a threshold equal to 20 dB above the minimum modulation and coding rate sensitivity

(–82 + 20 = –62 dBm) in the primary 20 MHz channel within a period of aCCATime after the signal arrives

at the receiver’s antenna(s):

-              a value specified by dot11MSDOFDMEDthreshold if any MediumSyncDelay timer at that STA has not expired (see 35.3.16.8 (Medium access recovery procedure)) .

-              a value equal to 20 dB above the minimum modulation and coding rate sensitivity

(–82 + 20 = –62 dBm) otherwise (#7782).  “

Regards,

Dibakar