Guogang Huang

发件人: Jarkko Kneckt [mailto:jkneckt@xxxxxxxxx]
发送时间: 2022331 0:12
收件人: huangguogang <huangguogang1@xxxxxxxxxx>
抄送: STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Kaiying Lu <Kaiying.Lu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; Chunyu Hu <chunyuhu@xxxxxx>; Park, Minyoung <Minyoung.park@xxxxxxxxx>; Morteza Mehrnoush <mmehrnoush@xxxxxx>; Laurent Cariou <laurent.cariou@xxxxxxxxx>; Yang, Zhijie (NSB - CN/Shanghai) <zhijie.yang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Yonggang Fang <Yonggang.Fang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; "顾祥新 (Xiangxin Gu)" <Xiangxin.Gu@xxxxxxxxxx>; Rubayet Shafin <r.shafin@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Rojan Chitrakar <rojan.chitrakar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Liwen Chu <liwen.chu@xxxxxxx>; Abhishek Patil <appatil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Gaurang Naik <gnaik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Srinivas Kandala <srini.k1@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Xiaofei Wang <Xiaofei.Wang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; NEZOU Patrice <Patrice.Nezou@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; Ganming(Ming Gan) <ming.gan@xxxxxxxxxx>
主题: Re: Discussion on power save of AP MLD

Hi Guogang, thank you for your contribution.

I have two comments:

1. 802.11be has disabled link concept that (no TIDs mapped to a link) could be used to enable long term affiliated AP sleep.

    - I am wondering could the AP sleep mode be implemented by using disabled links?

[Guogang Huang]The sleep mode also can be used for the long-term power save. Considering we already have the concept of power states, which is like an inherent attributes for any devices, I cannot persuade myself not to use it.

2. Typically regular APs have not operated in power save, but have supported aggressive power save of the STAs.

[Guogang Huang]This is true only for single-link AP.

    - Have you considered to make power save enhancements (mode 10) to be available only for the NSTR Mobile APs?

       [Guogang Huang] Maybe you can find some clues in the WNG contribution 22-0059r0.  Why do we need to consider the power save of the AP MLD?

    - I think mobile APs could have more aggressive power save mechanisms.

Cheers,

    Jarkko